At the Boys & Girls Clubs of Whatcom County our targeted programs and Club Experience help young people build the foundation to succeed in school and beyond.
Our Formula for Impact is a roadmap to help ensure that members achieve the priority outcomes of academic success, healthy lifestyles and good character & citizenship.
How do we ensure a prosperous future for youth when they are likely to earn just $16,000-$25,000 in Whatcom County without a high school diploma?
- 1,771 members participated in 29 different Academic Success programs
- 247 STEM sessions offered
- Clubs provide daily opportunities for homework assistance
participated in 29 different Academic Success programs
STEM sessions offered
provide daily opportunities for homework assistance
How do we provide spaces for growth and opportunity when 42% of Whatcom County households are struggling to afford basic needs?
- 113 members participated in Junior Staff program
- 303 members participated in 71 community service projects
- 853 youth participated in cooperative games
participated in Junior Staff program
participated in 71 community service projects
participated in cooperative games
How do we teach kids the importance of nutrition when 76% of Whatcom County 8th graders eat less than five fruits or vegetables daily?
- 75,749 nutritious meals and snacks served
- 1,093 Club members participated in Healthy Lifestyles programming
- 339 Club members participated in Positive Action programming